Differences Between a Business Letter and a
1. The Heading: In a friendly letter, you
would normally just write the date in the upper right
hand corner. However, in a business letter, you need
to put your
address followed by the date. This can be placed at
the upper right hand corner, or aligned on the left
margin of the page.
2. The Inside Address: This is not put in a
friendly letter, but in a business letter you also put
the entire address of the recipient, along with the
name of the person you are addressing if possible,
and their title.
3. The Salutation: In a business letter, you need to
follow the salutation with a colon, not a comma.
4. The Body: Use formal language and be
straight and to the point. Make sure you put all the
details that are important to your communication.
5. The Closing: Usually a formal “Sincerely,” and then
a space and your name typed below. The space
should allow room for a handwritten signature.
Take a look at Why Your Internet Morning Routine Limits Productivity